Hi Guys and Girls,
here my Tutorial „How works MILA…“ in 3DSMax 2016.
- „Download and install MILA-Library and MILA-Tools“
- „Setup MILA Default Setting“
- „MILA render allways correct…“
- „Visible and Invisible Emitted Light Surface and Specular Highlight“
- „Rules of Area Light + IES Light“
- „MILA Glossy List“
- „MILA Pro-Materials“
- „MILA Buffers“
Step 1. „Download and install MILA-Library and MILA-Tools“.
At first we need some Tools to have to hole functionality of MILA.
- Render Optimizer V5 to setup the MILA-Rendersettings. download RO V5: http://www.infinity-vision.de/software/render-optimizer/
- MILA Library for 3dsmax2016 include all Shader and MILA Renderpasses from Jonathan Bäcker. download MILA-Library: http://www.infinity-vision.de/uploads/MILA_Libary_3dsmax2016.zip
Step 2. „Setup MILA Default Setting“.
At first we must setup the Highlight Settings, because MILA works different as A&D Material. Very important is to set the Highlight Mode = -1. This mode works in 3dsmax, but we must look how works the Emitted Light Surface and Specular Highlight of a photometric Light. This is the next Step!
Step 3. „MILA render allways correct…“.
MILA have not some optimizing options anymore, it´s less rendertime but it´s improve the quality.
Step 4. „Visble and Invisble Emitted Light Surface and Specular Highlight“.
This Step is very important to understand the surface and specular option of a photometric light. If we know the rules, have we not grainy anymore and the rendering is much faster.
Step 5. „Rules of Area Light + IES Light“.
We look how works both a area light and a IES light in the same Scene, and what are the rules.
Now you can use all Materials without grain. I used here a Quality of 1.0.
Step 6. „MILA Glossy List“.
Here a Rendersummary of the new MILA Glossy Function.
- The glossiness of MILA is more linear. This looks more realistic, because you have a blurry reflection earlier than A&D Material.
- The Specular Highlight from a IES is more sharper as a A&D Material. You can see contour of the shape in a range from 0 – 0.5.
Step 7. New MILA Pro-Materials!
The glossiness of MILA and A&D looks very different and i have fix this problem with a reverse gamma correction curve.
Step 8. New MILA Buffers!